Monday, January 4, 2010

Sleepless night

It was a horrible humid night and I was drifting off to sleep at last when I heard Arnie meowing like he had caught something.  Next thing I knew there were noises downstairs like one of the kittens was playing.  I went down to see Arnie and Chloe watching Jake with a baby rat.  The rat was very much alive and Jake snatched it back growling when Chloe got too close.  He took it under the table and let it go again.  I got the brush and shovel and managed to scoop it up and and put it outside where it made a dash for it.  At night we keep the cat door locked so the cats couldn't follow it.

At 5am Jake came to see me and was being a pest.  He has mastered turning on the touch lamp so suddenly I was in the light.

 We are getting a lot of pleasure from the kittens.  Stuart rang me at work one day to tell me that Chloe was really good at soccer and was picking the ball up in her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment