Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Garden Pixie

Over the last couple of days, Chloe hasn't wanted to know me.  She runs off if I try to pat her or pick her up.  She does however go to Stuart and give him big loves.  It is fortunate that Jake is the opposite and comes to me regularly for cuddles.  This morning while I was on the swing seat, chloe did come over and let me pat her.

Last night Arnie brought in another baby rat for the kittens.  I finally got up at 3.30am to investigate and there was Jake playing with a dead baby rat and Arnie was watching like a proud father.  Chloe was beside him watching too.  Jake is a mean little hunter and is certainly showing signs of the Maine coon's reputation of being good vermin killers.  I removed the rat outside and with the cat door being locked, all cats went to bed.  Arnie and Jake with me.  Arnie is now in bed sleeping off his night time activities.

Shilo has found more duck eggs and currently doesn't smell too nice.  Just when I thought it was safe to leave her loose when I wasn't around.  We have never had a dog that raids eggs like she does.  She is very devious about it and you don't know it has happened until it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment