Sunday, March 8, 2015

Bon's Casey on Fire (Casey) 10 Mar 1999 to 26 Feb 2015

The day arrived that we had to make the decision to farewell Casey.
We had a lovely week at Matarangi and although she spent most of her time at the bach walking round and round the the house, she was well and showed signs of the beautiful girl she was.

 We took her to the wharf a couple of times for a paddle.

 She was good and walked well.
 A family shot
A tired girl.  
After walking around the bach she would crash and sleep 
for a while.  Here she is crashed at the water bowl.
It felt like she deteriorated on the last day and got quite distressed in the car 
when we got caught up in rush hour traffic on the way home.
  She could hardly stand when we got home. 
We gave her a day at home and she had a lot of trouble standing and would end up
lying down.  Here Arnie is keeping her company.  He has been a constant companion to her
and I am grateful that she made it home.  This photo was taken on the morning
we had her put to sleep.  She hadn't improved and it was time to relieve her of pain.
It was a really hard day but she had a good long life and she was no longer able to walk freely 
and had stopped eating her dinner unless I helped her.  
At  midday on the 26th Feb 2015
I helped my best friend of nearly 16 years pass to Rainbow Bridge.
Tribute To A Best Friend
Sunlight streams through window pane
unto a spot on the floor....
then I remember,
it's where you used to lie,
but now you are no more.
Our feet walk down a hall of carpet,
and muted echoes sound....
then I remember,
It's where your paws would joyously abound.
A voice is heard along the road,  
and up beyond the hill,
then I remember it can't be yours....
your golden voice is still.
But I'll take that vacant spot of floor
and empty muted hall
and lay them with the absent voice
and unused dish along the wall.
I'll wrap these treasured memorials
in a blanket of my love
and keep them for my best friend
until we meet above.
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment