Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Casey

I still call her Casey pup even though she was born 10th March 1999.  Over the past 2 weeks, Casey has been sick and at the vets twice.  Last week it looked like she had a gastric upset and was given antibiotics.  She seemed better and was starting to eat a bit.  For several days she hasn't eaten much and turned her nose up at bits of toast, licking bowls and even cheese.  This morning she even went back upstairs while I had breakfast so I thought she should go back to the vet. 


 She had some blood tests done and has liver disease.  At this stage we don't know how serious it is.  It could be a tumour but the vet doesn't think so as they can normally feel these.  They have given her an injection and we are to go back on Friday.  Since I picked her up this afternoon she seems to be brighter and ate the special gourmet tin food I bought her.  I hope it is just an infection as she is a special member of our family and we don't want to lose her yet.







No comments:

Post a Comment